Shop / Post Office
Services and products available at the Village Post Office
- Cash on most bank cards
- Presentations packs for stamp collections
- Foreign Exchange for most currencies
- Euros and US Dollars are always in stock and readily available
- Personal banking services on selected accounts (please ask)
- Full range of stamps and postal services
Our Village Shop Criteria
"To maintain a small informal well stocked village shop, both as a source of supply and a social focal point. Complementary to this prime objective is the determination to keep open the Post Office".
The East Hagbourne Community Shop was formed in 2001 to help protect our local post office and to provide an additional village amenity. The shop and the post office are located in the front part of Passey’s Garage on New Road where there is adequate parking for cars and bicycles. The hours are as follows:
|Monday||9am -5:30pm||9am -5:30pm|
|Tuesday||9am -5:30pm||9am - 12:30pm||Closed|
|Wednesday||9am -5:30pm||9am - 12:30pm||Closed|
|Thursday||9am -5:30pm||9am -5:30pm|
|Friday||9am -5:30pm||9am - 12:30pm||Closed|
|Saturday||9am - 12:30pm||9am - 12:30pm||Closed|
The establishment and manning of the Shop has been an entirely volunteer effort with many village people contributing their time, energy and experience to making this venture a success. New volunteers are always welcome. Many of our wonderful team of volunteers only help in the Shop an hour or two a month. There’s no obligation to help each week or on a regular basis — we have volunteers who help only during school term and some who help only during the school holidays. Please contact Alice Smith (tel. 813393 or email@example.com) to find out more and/or to become part of the team.
Our Shop is a convenience store selling milk, ice cream, soft drinks, canned goods, frozen and chiller items and many staple foods such as locally-supplied free-range eggs, freshly-frozen fish, and local honey. It also provides a broad range of household and stationery products, including greeting cards, many toiletries and health care products. Our dry cleaning service is both quick and economical. Gift packs of oatie flip biscuits personalised for our Shop with great pictures of the village make great gifts; as do East Hagbourne tea towels. Our range of excellent local products is gradually increasing and includes:
- Every Thursday there are homemade cakes
- Brenda’s homemade apple crumbles These hugely popular crumbles are made with local apples and are frozen. They are usually available from autumn into winter.
- Fresh bread every Saturday We stock a range of bread, croissants, pasties etc. every Saturday freshly supplied by the Marcopolo Bakery at Grove (see price list). Please place an order if you want to be sure to buy the items you want. Just go to the Shop and fill out the order form there, or send your order (please include your name and telephone number) to the Shop email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. This must be done by 2pm on Thursday, for the following Saturday's delivery. Orders must be paid for on collection and, if for any reason they are not collected on Saturday morning, we will hold them until Monday. We stock a range of items as well as the orders received so, even if you don't place an order, there will still be fresh bread and bakery items to buy from 9am.
*YOU CAN FIND US ON FACEBOOK*
If you use Facebook, sign up to the Shop’s page. Just log into Facebook and search for “East Hagbourne Community Shop” and “like” our page. You will then receive regular updates from the Shop.
If you would like to be added to the shop's email distribution list, please just send us an email.
Contact the East Hagbourne Community Shop on 01235 811815 or email@example.com