Do you know that 95% of collisions are due to human error? Distraction, speeding, not wearing a seatbelt and driving under the influence of drink or drugs are the big fatal four on our county’s roads.
- put your phone in your glove compartment or set your phone to do not disturb before you start your journey
- adjust your speed and make sure you have time to react to the unexpected
- make sure everyone is wearing their seatbelt before you set off
- get a taxi, the bus or be the designated driver on a night out
- make sure you’re safe to drive the morning after, you could still be over the drink drive limit, even if you feel fine
Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service have put together top tips to help you avoid the fatal four, and have created an handy ‘don’t get caught out the morning after’ guide 365alive.co.uk/fatalfour.
24 04, 2019