Shop / Post Office
Contact Details & Location
The shop and the post office are located in the front part of Passey’s Garage on New Road where there is adequate parking for cars and bicycles, and even a hook to secure your dog(s)!
To keep in touch with news and updates from the shop, please follow us on Facebook (@easthagbourneshop).
Services and products available at the Village Post Office
- Cash on most bank cards
- Presentations packs for stamp collections
- Foreign Exchange for most currencies
- Euros and US Dollars are always in stock and readily available
- Personal banking services on selected accounts (please ask)
- Full range of stamps and postal services.
Revised opening hours from 1st Oct 2020
Reduced PO opening introduced after Steve, our Postmaster, has become unwell.
Please either check the hours posted on the door, or check the hours via the Post Office branch finder :
Our Village Shop Criteria
“To maintain a small informal well stocked village shop, both as a source of supply and a social focal point. Complementary to this prime objective is the determination to keep open the Post Office”.
The establishment and manning of the Shop has been an entirely volunteer effort with many village people contributing their time, energy and experience to making this venture a success. New volunteers are always welcome. Many of our wonderful team of volunteers only help in the Shop an hour or two a month. There’s no obligation to help each week or on a regular basis — we have volunteers who help only during school term and some who help only during the school holidays.
Please contact Alice Smith using the details above to find out more and/or to become part of the team.
Our Shop is a convenience store selling milk, ice cream, soft drinks, canned goods, frozen and chiller items and many staple foods such as locally-supplied free-range eggs, freshly-frozen fish, and local honey. It also provides a broad range of household and stationery products, including greeting cards, many toiletries and health care products. Our dry cleaning service is both quick & economical. They even do repairs! Our range of excellent local products is gradually increasing and includes:
- Every Thursday there are homemade cakes
- Brenda’s Apple crumbles and Jean’s Rhubarb & Ginger crumbles. These hugely popular crumbles are homemade with local produce and are frozen
- East Hagbourne tea towels with views of the village
- Fresh bread every Saturday We stock a range of bread, croissants, pasties etc. every Saturday freshly supplied by the Marcopolo Bakery at Grove Bread prices April 2020. Please place an order if you want to be sure to buy the items you want. Just go to the Shop and fill out the order form there, or send your order (please include your name and telephone number) to the Shop email address above. This must be done by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, for the following Saturday’s delivery. Orders must be paid for on collection and, if for any reason they are not collected on Saturday morning, we will hold them until Monday. We stock a range of items as well as the orders received so, even if you don’t place an order, there will still be fresh bread and bakery items to buy from 9am. Please note their list of allergens:
Dear customers be aware that following allergens may be found in Marcopolo Bakery’s products listed below:
All bread, rolls, cakes and pastries contain- WHEAT/GLUTEN, may also contains NUTS, SESAME SEEDS
Cherry & almond tart, Apple tart, apple bun, cinnamon bun, all viennoiserie goods, focaccias contains- MILK
Cherry & almond tart, Apple tart, apple bun, cinnamon bun, all viennoiserie goods contains- EGGS
Cherry & almond tart, Apple tart, Flapjack, fig&walnut bread, focaccias contains- NUTS (peanuts and walnuts)
Bread, rolls, contain (as topping) – SESAME SEEDS
Sausage rolls, focaccias contains- GARLIC
Please consider how serious your allergy is, and ask member of staff for more information.
At our bakery we DON’T use Celery, Crustaceans, Fish, Lupin, Molluscs, Mustard, Soya, BUT SOME TRACES OF ABOVE MAY BE FOUND IN SOME OF INGREDIENTS WE USE.
We also sell:
- Jute shopping bags – a perfect gift and useful on many occasions
- East Hagbourne mugs made of bone china and dishwasher safe. A bargain at £6.50 each, or two for £12.00.
The shop is part of the glue that makes our village the pleasant place that it is. Are you a customer? If not, come in and be pleasantly surprised!