From Saturday 6 August to Sunday 4 September 2022 South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse district councils are running FREE Litter Bug Detectives Trails for children in 14 sites across the districts.
The children who take part have a chance to win £20 vouchers for themselves and a rainbow-coloured bench – made from recycled plastic – for their school.
The activities are aimed at primary school children (under-12s) to promote recycling and reuse messages and explaining the damage litter does to our environment.
Each child, who sends in the correct answer, can request a personalised Litter Bug Detectives certificate.
How to take part
- Go to our webpage
and download the trail map of the area to visit. The map will show a trail to 14 sites.
- At each site there will be a question on the themes of waste and recycling. The 14 answers will each provide a letter to make three words.
- Email the three-word answer and your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on 11 September and the team will send you a Litter Bug Detective Certificate and enter you for the prize draw.
The trails will be available at the following sites
- Abingdon Ock Path
- Drayton Millennium Green and village green
- East Hagbourne
- Forest Hill
- Great Coxwell Barn and footpaths
- Kennington Playfield Road recreation ground
- North Hinksey
- St Helen Without Sandleigh Road recreation ground
- Uffington recreation ground and village
- Wootton cricket ground and Old Boars Hill
- Whitchurch on Thames