NOTES FOR ENTRANTS
VILLAGE PRODUCE SHOW 2pm Sunday 10 September 2023 – Hagbourne Village Hall
See below for how to enter your exhibits this year. We look forward very much to seeing them.
- 6 categories: 1. Fruit and Vegetables; 2. Flowers, Pot Plants and Herbs; Arts and Crafts; 4. Baking; 5. Curry Cup. 6. Children’s (up to 12) section (Garden on a Plate, Animal Vegetable, Painting or drawing of East Hagbourne)
NUMBER OF ENTRIES, STICKER SYSTEM
- The maximum number of entries per category is 5. So, you can enter 5 types of fruit, 5 types of vegetable, 5 craft projects etc.
- Entrants details will be taken on arrival and you will be issued with numbered stickers to put on your exhibits.
FRUIT & VEGETABLES
- FRUIT: 4 of one variety: apples, pears, plums. A bunch of grapes is also fine.
4 of one variety: Potatoes, Carrots, Beetroot, Runner or other Beans, Peas, Onions, Tomatoes (with calyx), (A truss of tomatoes is also fine).
3 of one variety: Courgettes, Leeks, Beetroot, Chillies, Peppers.
1 of one variety: Garlic, Cucumbers, Aubergines, Squash
Nuts: 3 of one variety; Autumn berries: 10-15.
- FLOWERS, POT PLANTS, MIXED HERBS: Flower arrangements in vases please. Combined or single varieties. Specimen blooms (eg roses): single bloom. MIXED HERBS: up to 6 varieties in a container. FLOWER ARRANGEMENT IN UNUSUAL CONTAINER: any flowers in an unusual container. POT PLANTS: Foliage indoor plant, flowering indoor plant, succulent or cactus.
- ART/CRAFTS Anything (portable!) you have created – paintings, models, photos, craft items, knitting, crochet, pottery etc
- BAKING: a 2lb loaf of bread (please indicate if hand made or made in a bread machine); a plate of 5 chocolate brownies; a plate of 5 iced cup cakes; an 8 inch iced cake (any theme).
- CURRY: a meat or vegetable curry in a dish, with a list of ingredients.
- CHILDREN’S (up to 12) ENTRIES : ANIMAL VEGETABLE (any vegetables constructed to make an animal) ; GARDEN ON A PLATE; A PAINTING OR DRAWING OF EAST HAGBOURNE
Cream teas and cakes (payment by cash or card). Raffle with great prizes!
JUDGING & CUPS
Each category will have first, second, third and highly commended prize cards. There will be a cup for the best entry in each category. There will be an overall BEST IN SHOW cup. There is also a Community Award Cup and a Community Allotment Cup.
Staging is from 9-11 as usual, but if you have lots of entries, please come earlier at 8.30am. You will be allocated a number and given stickers with your entrant number on them, which you can stick on to your entries in the appropriate gazebo. Forms are available on the day and can be found online at easthagbourne.net or Hagbourne Village Produce Show facebook page.
If a profit is made, a donation will be made to a local community group or charity.
We hope that you will come, bring lots of exhibits and have a great time.
With best wishes and thanks for your support!
Village Produce Committee
Click here for your: Entry form
CURRY CUP INFO: THE CURRY CUP 2
POSTER: ANIMAL VEGETABLE